- Users from a “Home” Cluster (HC) login to a phone at a “Visiting” Cluster (VC)
- VC doesn't recognize userID and PIN. Accordingly, VC forwards the login request to HC to verify if it knows the user.
- HC confirms the locality of the userID. In case of multiple EMCC clusters, VC forwards the request to all EMCC clusters. The one acknowledging the userID is considered as HC.
- VC complies phone device information and send it back to HC (usreID, passwd, device name, protocol, model, cluster id, geolocation)
- HC will authentication user credentials. If user credentials accepted, HC database builds a temporary phone device using EMCC template combined with received phone information
- HC TFTP server builds the phone configuration file from temporary phone parameters and UDP
- HC will notify VC about TFTP Server details. VC will forward the details to the phone into order to contact TFTP server and get configuration file
- Phone downloads its TFTP configuration from HC TFTP server and then cross registers with HC CUCM
- Phone Loads are not enforced during the Login process. Removed from Home Cluster config.
- If HC locale is different, phone will download new locale from HC TFTP server. If not available, maintains VC locale.
- DLUs are NOT consumed in the Home Cluster for the visiting phone.
Communication between EMCC Clusters takes place using TLS Encrypted messages. EMCC SIP Trunk isn't used for this purpose.