Video conferencing requires a SCCP video bridge. SCCP video bridging exhibits the following characteristics:
- SCCP video bridging requires the same setup as an audio bridge.
- SCCP video bridging supports a mix of audio and video in a conference.
- Initiator MRGL determines whether the conference is video or audio-only based on the associated CFBs
Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server provides advanced telepresence and video conferencing call control for the Cisco TelePresence line of products (EX, DX, etc). VCS Servers can form a cluster and connect to CUCM over SIP trunk to interwork VCS endpoints with CUCM endpoints.
Note: VCS endpoints can still register with CUCM directly but will lose some capabilities which are provided by VCS server
Configure Interoperability with Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Server
To enable CUCM to interoperate with a Cisco VCS, perform the following steps on the SIP trunk that connects CUCM to Cisco VCS
- In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Device Settings > Trunk
- Choose the SIP trunk that connects Cisco Unified Communications Manager to the Cisco VCS
- In the SIP Profile drop-down list box, choose Standard SIP Profile for VCS
- In the Normalization Script drop-down list box, choose vcs-interop
- In the Normalization Script area, leave the Parameter Name and Parameter Value fields empty. If these fields are already populated, delete the contents of the field